James Talon's artworks:
- AAF New York Fall 2018 (Sep 2018)
- Art Market Hamptons 2018 (Jul 2018)
- Scope Basel 2018 (Jun 2018)
- AAF Hampstead 2018 (Mei 2018)
- Solo Show: Sex, Lies and Cassette Tapes @ No Walls Gallery, Brighton, UK (Jan 2016)
- Dimension Gallery, Wynwood, Miami, USA (Jan 2015)
- Fulton Street Collective, Chicago, USA (Jan 2015)
Londen - Verenigd Koninkrijk
To say it in James’ words, he was “dragged up during the miserable, 3 day week, blackout that was the 1970’s.” His art is a document of his journey through the punk revolution, new wave hope and rave hedonism that followed. Each piece of art represents a moment on that ride, a pop song, a woman, an argument, a drunken night, a book, a friend, a fight. Each piece uses large scale, 3 dimensional sculptures and graphic symbolism to transform mundane objects into a modern interpretation of a time lived.
James Talon formally studied fine art early in life but by his own admission then spent the next 25 years of his life pissing about in music. Now he has returned to art and brought with him his wide cultural pop knowledge. James work is neither painting nor sculpture but a refreshing mixture of both forms. In his work everyday objects such as music cassettes are given new life by exaggerating their scale and applying wit and graphic motifs. He has exhibited in Miami, Chicago, London and Brighton. James cites many influences including music in all its forms and of course the master of pop art - Warhol.