1. Darkness also has its own colour, and it is called “eigengrau”. So when you turn off the lights, your room isn’t actually black: it’s eigengrau! But don’t try and pronounce this word when you’re hitting on the bartender. ;)
2. The colour orange dominated the palettes of many artists in the 19th century. But since the 20th century, blue has taken the spot as the favourite colour amongst contemporary artists.
3. If you think that your cat can't see colour, think again! A cat's vision is similar to a human with colour blindness. Our feline friends actually see shades of blue and green, but reds and pinks can be confusing.
4. Feeling overwhelmed, stressed and/or angry?!?!? Immediately look at something pink and feel the anxiety and negative energy slowly leave your mind, body and soul.
5. Goldfish are like superheroes, they can see both infrared and ultraviolet light!
6. Redheads require up to 20% more anesthesia when they need to be knocked out compared to people of other hair colours.
7. The most common colour for highlighters is yellow because it doesn’t leave a shadow on the page when photocopied.
8. Most people dream in colour, but those who grew up watching a monochrome television, there is a good chance that they dream also in black and white.
9. Night vision goggles use green phosphor because the human eye is able to differentiate more shades of green than any other colour!
10. According to a recent statistic, the top 3 preferred colours by men are blue, green, and black; whilst, women also prefer blue and green, and purple.